Friday, May 8, 2009

1BAD MALAYSIA

Do not insult the colour Black

my hair is BLACK: Arrest Me!
my eyes are BLACK: Arrest Me!
my shirt is BLACK; Arrest Me!
my pants are BLACK; Arrest Me!
my shoes are BLACK; Arrest Me!

but him, his heart is BLACK
why do you not arrest him?

do not insult the color BLACK
BLACK is the color of justice
So stop saying what’s been said
It is One BAD Malaysia, friend
and not One BLACK Malaysia, please!

Ps. Why do we always see the color black in a negative way? Isn’t it our prejudice and stereotypes to always attach badness to blackness (even when it comes to skin color)?

Why do judges and lawyers wear black? It is indeed, at least for me, the color associated with justice, with struggles for freedom, for life.

So, please my friends, call a spade a spade. BAD is BAD, and now we have 1BADMalaysia, and NOT, 1BLACKMalaysia, please!


article from : http://sloone.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/do-not-insult-the-color-black/#more-4247

No comments:

Post a Comment